Welcome all K to 12 Students Participants
Dallas Chinese Community Center will host our annual Youth Drawing Competition to encourage students to use their imagination and express themselves through the Arts.
We will have 5 groups based on school grades: A) Kindergarten and 1st Grade; B) 2nd and 3rd Grade; C) 4th & 5th Grade; D) 6th to 8th Grade; E) 9th to 12th Grade.
Due to Covid-19, we won’t have this as a live event like prior years; this year’s competition will be a different format.
Registration and Art Work Submission:
- You will register online and turn in your artwork to DCCC.
- Complete the google form – Online Registration Form Link
- Registration ends on February 16 (Tuesday) at 11:59pm CST.
- Registration fee: $10
- Please turn in your registration payment when you drop off your artwork.
- Check is preferred; make check payable to DCCC.
- You can pay with $10 cash; no change will be made to avoid transmission.
- Completed artwork needs to be turned into DCCC between February 22nd to March 1st
February 18 th to 22 ndbetween 11 am to 4 pm. (DCCC requires face covering and temperature check before entering.) DCCC is not open on Sunday, February 28th. Please turn in your registration payment with your artwork.
- Artwork submitted after March 1st
the 22 ndwill not be accepted for the competition.
- There will be a cash prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of each group. First Place: $100; 2nd Place: $80 and 3rd place $50. Honorable Place (if applicable) receives $30.
- DCCC reserves the right to adjust the prize amount if the registration did not reach the minimum required participants for any group.
- All registered participants will receive a participation prize when they turn in their artwork at DCCC.
- The results will be announced by the end of March 2021.
- All winning artwork will be featured on our website in April 2021.
- We will contact winners to arrange prize pick-up.
- The competition drawing theme will be emailed to all registered participants on February 17th (Wednesday) by 3:00pm CST.
- Participants need to complete their artwork on the correct art paper size:
Groups A & B: 9” x 12” paper; Groups C- E: 11” x 14” paper
- You may use pencil, crayons, markers, watercolors or oil pastels.
- Make sure you use pencil to write the following on the back side of your artwork: Name / Current Grade in School / Parent Email / Parent Cell Phone #
- This competition is based on the “Honor System” to encourage students to create their own artwork without anyone else’s assistance.
- Your finished artwork will not be returned to you.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- DCCC reserves the right to cancel or change this competition.
- DCCC reserves the right to include the winning artworks in our social media, website, calendar and any other virtual or printed publications.
This competition is sponsored by: Republic of China Overseas Chinese Affairs Commission, City of Richardson, Comerica Bank, 99 Ranch Market, Cathay Bank and EVA Air.
Any questions regarding this competition, please contact DCCC.
DCCC Hours: Monday – Saturday 11:00am to 4:00 pm. DCCC address: 400 N. Greenville Ave., Suite 12, Richardson, Texas 75081. DCCC Phone #：972-480-0311。