Our 10th annual Children’s Chinese Singing Competition will be on March 28. For the competition, the children can compete as individuals or groups in a specific age division. Registration is $10 per person. The goal of this competition is to build self confidence and encourage children to learn culture through singing Chinese songs. Big thank you to our sponsors including Comerica Bank, Eva Air and City of Richardson. Continue reading
– Date: February 22 (Saturday) 10:30am – 1:00pm
– Age Group: (A) 5-6 years old (B) 7-8 years old (C) 9-11 years old (D) 12-14 years old
– Awards: Group (A): A lucky bag for every participant. Group (B) (C) (D): 1st place $100; 2nd place $80; 3rd place $50. All competitors will receive a participation prize!!!
– Registration Fee: Each person $10.00
– Competition Theme: “Lantern Festival”
– Registration Due Date: February 15, 2020
– Award Ceremony: April 25th (Saturday)
– Rules: Participants are required to bring their own painting supplies. The paper will be provided by DCCC.
– Sponsors: City of Richardson, Overseas Community Affairs Council, Ranch 99 Supermarket Continue reading
The Chinese New Year Celebration at the DFW China Town Shopping Center will begin at 10:00am on Saturday, January 25, 2020. At noon, there will be Dragon and Lion Dance performances. Continue reading
The DCCC will be hosting a Children Roadway Safety Workshop on November 9 (Saturday) from 10:30am to 12:30 pm. Through playing games, kids will learn about traffic safety such as recognizing important traffic signs and knowing basic traffic rules. All youth participants will get to play games, enjoy drinks and snacks, bring home a small prize and most importantly build a foundation for traffic safety. Please RSVP by calling 972-480-0311. Continue reading
The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office will be bringing their mobile Passport Service to the DCCC on October 26, 2019, 2:00-4:00pm. For more information, please visit http://www.roc-taiwan.org/US/HOU/mp.asp?mp=37 or call 713-626-7445.